Bike Circuit : Missisquoi Valley and Jay Peak at their best!
A 93 km outing, starting in Frelighsburg
Ride with GPS route: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/21237270
A region to discover
After having lived 10 years on St-Denis St., in Montreal, we moved to Frelighsburg 3 years ago to offer our family nature as a playground and to practise road cycling. We discovered a welcoming, innovative and inspiring community.
As for cycling, Frelighsburg is a great gateway to Eastern Townships and Vermont ascents. A true microcosm, the area abounds with services and renowned terroir products, radiating from villages spread throughout this magnificent region, all to enhance your outings. For sure, it will become a favourite in no time!
Why this route?
This cycling route is amazing as much for its quiet roads as for the breathtaking points of view and the excellent surface condition of the Jay Peak descent. Usually divided in two distinct outings, the circuit we’re proposing here, integrates the most interesting segment of the Mount-Sutton circuit and the long ascent of the Jay Peak circuit.
It’s perfect for a group excursion since it offers a series of uphill road stretches, reputed for their difficulty, where each cyclist can climb at their own speed as well as long sections with rolling hills where the group can ride together as a peloton.
Characteristics of the circuit:
- The Joy Hill right at the start of the route (1.4 KM at 9%)
- The long uphill climb towards Jay Peak (11.8 km at 4%)
- And its descent (5 km of pure pleasure for those who like going downhill)
- The scenic climb (3 km at 6%)
Intermediate and expert levels
The landscape and the distance constitute the two difficulty factors of the route. A succession of little bumps as you head out of Abercorn (km 75) could surprise you! Spare your legs so you can take them on and stay happy.
Where to refuel
- Km 42: Jay Country Store: they prepare enormous and delicious sandwiches that must be shared!
- Km 75: The Abercorn Bakery: They sell muffins, cookies, pastries and pizzas so you can reenergize.
- Km 93: When you have completed the circuit, come in and say hello! Give us your impressions of the ride and savour a good old smoothie at the RAVITO cyclo-dépanneur, 63 Main Street, Frelighsburg.
Don’t forget to bring your passport!