In Brome-Missisquoi, share the road and be courteous!
Rules for cyclists
- I ride in a single line with no more than 15 riders
- I ride with the flow of traffic
- I ride on the far right-hand side of the road
Rule for motorists
- When passing a cyclist, keep a safe distance between your vehicle and the cyclist. The Highway Safety Code, authorizes you to cross a solid line to pass a cyclist.
Rules for the driver of a heavy vehicle :
- Adjust his or her speed when approaching a cyclist.
- Watch for and anticipate the cyclist’s movements.
- Pass a cyclist by maintaining a safe space between your vehicle and the cyclist. The Highway Safety Code allows the driver of the vehicle to cross a solid line to pass a cyclist, as long as it is done in a safe manner.
Be careful : Because of their length and especially their height, heavy vehicles have several blind spots that can make it difficult for their drivers to see cars, pedestrians and cyclists.
You can click on the images abobe to enlarge them.
Dedicated parking lot for cyclists
Interactive parking lot map for cyclists in Brome-Missisquoi
Clic here to consult the SAAQ road users section.
Click here to download the Brome-Missisquoi cycling map (3.9 Mo).